- 1/2 cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne cut or Halves in oil, oil drained and set aside, sun dried tomatoes pureed and set aside
- 12-16 oz fresh clams in the shell per portion (48-64 oz total), wash/drain/hold cold
- 8 lg garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1/2 tsp whole dry oregano
- 3 oz dry white wine
- 16 oz crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste (light salt as the clams are naturally salty)
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Optional: Add 1/4 – 1/2 stick butter to finish sauce
- Over a medium flame in a sauce pan, heat the 16 oz tomatoes and turn to a simmer.
- Over a medium flame in a separate large saute pan, heat 2 Tbs of the sun dried tomato oil and sauté the garlic, stirring often until light golden.
- Add the oregano, stir 10 seconds, add the clams then the wine, cover 1 minute then cook uncovered until all of the clams are opened.
- Discard any unopened clams.
- Add the tomatoes and sun dried tomato puree to the clam mixture, season with salt and pepper and serve hot over just-cooked, well-drained pasta (linguine recommended). Garnish with basil (or parsley).