Congratulations to the January 2018 honorable mention recipe, Baked Ziti, submitted by Chef Daniel Becker!
• 1 pound ziti
• Olive oil to sauté vegetables
• 8 oz. cremini mushrooms sliced
• 1 – 8.5oz jar of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes, Julienne Cut
• 1 can of artichokes quartered
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 10 to 12 oz fresh spinach wilted
• 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped and divided in half
• 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
• 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
• ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 1 large jar of marinara sauce (try our Bella Sun Luci Pasta Sauce)
• ½ pound of Mozzarella cheese, grated
• 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil the pasta, until the pasta is al dente usually about 8 minutes. Drain and return it to the pasta pot.
- In a separate pan, sauté half of the garlic and mushrooms add course ground pepper to taste. When the mushrooms start to cook, add in the spinach and remaining garlic, cover to wilt, stir once or twice as the spinach wilts to mix.
- Add in chopped onion, artichokes, and seasoning. Continue to cook until the onions start to sweat.
- Add the Bella Luci sun dried tomatoes.
- Add marinara sauce and vegetables to the pasta mixing well in the large pot on low heat.
- Mix in cheese and fill the Pyrex dish.
- Bake until the top of the pasta is lightly browned and the cheese is melted, about 25 - 30 minutes.