- Chicken, Avocado, and Spinach Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Dressing
Chicken, Avocado, and Spinach Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Dressing
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1.5 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, mined
- 1/2 cup oil-packed Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- 12 oz. baby spinach
- 2 large ripe avocados, thinly sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp. of the salt and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper; place in skillet and cook, turning once, until juices run clear, approximately 12 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and cut into thin strips; place strips in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining salt and pepper, the garlic and the vinegar, slowly whisk in remaining olive oil.
- Stir in shallot, tomatoes and basil. Spoon 1/4 cup of the dressing over chicken and toss to coat.
- Toss spinach with remaining dressing and divide among 4 serving plates; top with chicken strips and avocado slices.