Chicken With Mushrooms
This quick take on Coq au Vin has a deliciousness that's richer and deeper because you're using Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes. If you don't use the wine, double the amount of chicken stock you use, or the roux will overthicken the sauce.
- 1 cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes In Pure Olive Oil & Herbs - Drained & Sliced Thin
- ¼ cup Reserved Oil From Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 4 large Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
- 1 large Onion - Finely Chopped
- 4 large Garlic Cloves - Minced
- 1½ tsp Dried Basil
- 1½ Lbs. Mushrooms - Sliced
- 1 cup Dry Red Wine (optional)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup Tomato Paste
- ½ cup Parsley - Minced
- 1 tbsp Softened Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Flour
- In a heavy skillet, heat the reserved oil over moderately high heat and brown chicken breasts on both sides (season with salt and pepper to taste)
- Transfer chicken to a plate. In the remaining oil, sauté onion, garlic, and basil until onion is soft.
- Add mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cooke until mushrooms are softened.
- Whisk in the wine, chicken broth, and tomato paste. Add the chicken to the skillet and bring liquid to a boil. Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm and covered. Cut butter and flour together and whisk into the sauce to simmer, whisking every few minutes until thickened (or, if you have time, make a roux in advance and proceed accordingly).
- Stir in parsley and pour oven chicken.