Deluxe Family Gift Pack
Third Prize Winner: "Bella’s Mediterranean Feast"
How did you feel when you found out you won the contest?
I was so excited! I cook from scratch a lot and make my own recipes out of whatever is fresh and what we have on hand at home, but I've never entered a recipe contest before and I've certainly never won!
How did you come up with the idea for the winning recipe?
I wanted something that had a bright and fresh taste - something that wouldn't heat up the whole house when you cooked it and would be something you could eat on the patio or take to a picnic. I love Mediterranean flavors and I tried to incorporate that as much as possible. Lots of fresh veggies I could get from the garden or pick up at the farmer's market.
How long have you been using Bella Sun Luci products? And what is your favorite?
I've been using Bella Sun Luci since they started stocking the Sun Dried Tomatoes at Costco. My favorite is the julienne sun dried tomatoes - I love having them on hand and not having to cut them, just toss a spoonful on top of anything on the grill, a fresh salad, or on top of avocado toast.
Where do you shop for Bella Sun Luci products?
Costco or Von's.
Other hobbies, passions, pastimes?
My 7 year old and I love to cook together. We make cakes in the shapes of her favorite TV characters. Our favorite is "Lippy Lips" from Shopkins!
Any other comments you would like to add that relate to your passion for cooking?
Chef Richie should have a YouTube channel about cooking with kids!
Bella’s Mediterranean Feast
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbs + 2 Tbs Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 oz egg pappardelle pasta
- 6 oz pancetta, diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 6 oz black olives, sliced
- 12 oz artichoke hearts
- 2 lemons, juiced - about 1/3 cup
- 2 Tbs dry white wine
- 8.5 oz Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil with Italian Herbs 6oz feta cheese
- 2 Tbs fresh basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Rub chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sear in large skillet, resisting the temptation to turn them until they release on their own, 5-6 minutes.
- Flip breasts, cover, and cook an additional 5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove breasts and set aside.
- Prepare pappardelle according to package directions.
- In the same skillet, heat 2 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Cook pancetta until just browned.
- Add diced shallots, garlic, sliced olives, artichokes, lemon juice, white wine, and Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes.
- Cook 5 more minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add feta and stir to incorporate.
- Remove from heat.
- Add prepared pappardelle.
- Toss to combine.
- Add additional Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt & pepper to taste.
- Slice chicken breasts, top pasta with chopped fresh basil and the zest of one lemon.