Braised Lamb Loin Chops in a Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
- 4 petite lamb loin chops
- ½ tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 14.5 oz can of beef broth
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup Bella Sun Luci Sundried Tomato Risotto
- ½ jar of Bella Sun Luci Tomato Pesto Sauce
- ½ cup shredded gouda and cheddar
- with whole Pine Nuts
- ¼ cup sliced onion
- ½ a tbsp oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat Oven to 300 degrees
For the Lamb
- Dry off lamb.
- Coat with spices and rest at room temperature for 20 min.
- Heat oil in oven proof pot over medium heat.
- Brown lamb for 4 min on each side.
- Remove lamb and place aside.
- In the same pot add butter then onion. Sautee until translucent.
- Add pesto sauce and flour. Cook for 2 min.
- Add 3/4 cup of broth.
- Return lamb.
- Cover pot and place in over for 1 hour. Halfway through turn lamb. When the lamb is done. Cook 10 more min uncovered.
For the Risotto
- Add remaining broth to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add risotto stirring constantly.
- When there is no more liquid add ½ a cup of water.
- When the liquid is almost gone, add remaining ½ cup of water.
- Risotto should cook in 15-20 min. When done, remove from heat and stir in cheese until combined. Serve with lamb.