Grilled Skirt Steak with Mediterranean Relish
- 1/2 cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Julienned-Cut tomatoes with Herbs, chopped
- 1/2 cup quality green olives (such as Castelvetranos) pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet cherry peppers, seeds discarded
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons olive oil from the sun dried tomatoes
- 4 ounces of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil from the sun dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. skirt steak (or flank steak if desired)
- Mix together the ingredients for the relish, gently mixing in the crumbled Gorgonzola cheese at the end.
- Mix together the seasonings for the meat and brush liberally both sides of the steak.
- Grill the steak on a prepared grill or a grill pan on the stove heated to high for just a few minutes per side.
- Allow the meat to rest before slicing thinly against the grain.
- To serve, generously spoon the relish over the thinly sliced steak, garnish with orange slices and accompany it with wedges of flat bread that have been brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with garlic salt and grilled, if desired.