Hearty Zesty Tuscan Soup
- 1 Tablespoons Bella Sun Luci Olive oil
- ¾ lb. Italian sausage
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and medium diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion small diced.
- 1 fennel (anise) bulb, trimmed and medium diced (about 2 cups) Save fronds for garnish
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 Tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fine chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup medium chopped kale
- ½ cup medium chopped Bella Sun Luci Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil with Italian Herbs
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Juice and zest of one large lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, add sausage and brown breaking into small pieces with back of spoon, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in potato, onion, and fennel and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until onion begins to soften.
- Stir in red crushed peppers.
- Add sherry and stir to loosen any meat stuck on pan bottom about, 30 seconds.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to simmer and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add kale, parsley, Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes, heavy cream, lemon juice and zest, stir gently to incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with fennel fronds as a garnish.