Baked Sun Dried Tomato Cod with Shallots, Mushrooms, & Fresh Basil
- 1-cup Bella Sun Luci California Sun Dried Tomato Halves, chopped 1-cup shallots, peeled & chopped
- 1.5 cups Baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned & roughly chopped
- (4) 6oz fresh or frozen cod fillets (thawed if frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for brushing on cod
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 4-lemon wedges
- 8 fresh basil leaves, julienne cut, for garnish Crusty bread for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Add chopped sun dried tomatoes, shallots & mushrooms to a medium-mixing bowl.
- Add vinegar & lemon juice; stir.
- Add olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Tear off 8 sheets parchment paper, each about 12” long.
- Place one piece of cod in center of each parchment sheet.
- Brush each piece of cod with olive oil then evenly spoon sun dried tomato mixture over each piece of cod.
- Pull the vertical side of foil up to the center, crimp the edges closed and fold over cod.
- Place each of the sealed packets onto another sheet of parchment and seal.
- Place cod packets on a baking sheet in the oven.
- Allow cod to cook 3-5 minutes, depending on thickness of cod.
- Use a metal spatula to flip each packet, and then cook on other side for another 3-5 minutes (cooked cod should be white and flake easily with a fork).
- Garnish tops of cooked cod with fresh basil and serve with lemon wedges & crusty bread for dipping.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 4.print recipe