2019 October Honorable Mention Recipe - Bruschetta Vegetti
October means a lot of things to me and my kitchen. It’s the end of tomatoes and their summer brothers and sisters. The harvest moon and the cornucopia. Autumn squashes, Halloween, the Great Pumpkin and root vegetables are coming in. And autumn has inspired me to choose Toni Sevenhouse’s Bruschetta Vegetti as this month’s honorable mention recipe. Congratulations chef Toni, you win a Bella Sun Luci gift box full of our products! And, as you can see, we’ve immortalized your recipe through the magic of video.
To all you home chefs, there are some recipes, including this one, that lend themselves to your interpretation and the ingredients you have on hand. You’ll see that I didn’t use the rutabaga’s in the recipe because I couldn’t find them at the supermarket. But there are valid, delicious substitutes for many ingredients and for rutabagas you can use turnips, different color carrots, celery root or any favorite vegetable. Autumn greens like kale, chard or spinach would also sub well here.
I hope you’re creative and I hope my advice helps you perfect the next recipe YOU submit to the Bella Sun Luci recipe contest, happening now! One more tip, use a few of our products in your recipe and use a good amount so you’re showcasing the sun dried tomato component of the dish. This might help you win.
Great job Chef Toni and now, in the meantime, everybody else, please get cooking and enter your next recipe at www.bellasunluci.com soon!
Happy cooking and recipe writing!
Arrivederci, con amore,
- 1 8.5 oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 large rutabaga, spiralized
- 1 large onion sliced into strips
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup powdered Parmesan and Romano cheese
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- On high heat, add olive oil to pan, add sausage and brown, drain, and set aside.
- Brown onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Add carrot, zucchini, and rutabaga.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Add Italian Sausage back.
- Cook on medium high until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta.
- Stir in both cheeses.
- Serve with crusty garlic bread