Throw a Delicious 4th of July Cookout with Bella Sun Luci!
On this day in 1776, the Declaration of Independence was approved by the Continental Congress, setting the 13 colonies on the road to freedom as a sovereign nation. As always, this most American of holidays will be marked by parades, fireworks and backyard barbecues across the country.
Declare your independence from ho-hum July 4th fare. We’ve got all the tempting dishes you need —salads, sides, and main dishes to throw a flavor-packed Fourth of July cookout!
Kick off your celebration for the red, white, and blue with this delicious appetizer, and have a Happy 4th!
- 1 jar - 8.5 ounce Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut in Olive Oil with Italian herbs, drain but reserve oil
- 1 – medium size baguette, sourdough or your favorite crusty bread
- 2/3 cup whole kernel supersweet corn kernels
- ¼ tsp. roasted garlic
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 cup packed finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup finely crumbled/grated ricotta salata
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup crushed garlic-butter croutons
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -8.5 ounce jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
Heat oven to 400º degrees. Cut baguette lengthwise and place on baking sheet facing up. Drizzle top of bread with half of reserved olive oil and toast in oven until golden brown approximately 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spread jar of pesto evenly on top of both sides of baguette. Slice the two baguettes into 24 appetizer size pieces. In a large bowl mix corn, garlic, crushed red pepper, chopped basil, spinach, ricotta salata, and mascarpone. Spoon mixture onto each of the individual pieces of bread, mounding up slightly in the center. Mix the crushed croutons and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle a large spoonful over each piece pressing down lightly so the mixture stays in place. Drizzle with the remaining reserved olive oil. Bake in the center of the oven at 400º for 6-8 minutes, or until the filling is hot and crumbs are browned. Serve.