Sun Dried Tomato Cheese Croissants
Impress your guests with these sun dried tomato and cheese filled croissants. Baked to look like carrots these these delicious treats would make a perfect appetizer for any springtime gathering! Our test kitchen opted to use a bold yet creamy Sun Dried Tomato Jalapeño Cheese dip to fill each croissant. Substitute any ingredient to make each croissant filling to your liking.
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out the dough sheets onto a clean surface. Using a large knife or pizza cutter cut dough lengthwise into 1-inch strips.
- Prepare tin foil cones by rolling the foil sheets starting on the diagonal creating a cone shape. Keeping the outer surface of the cone shape smooth will allow for a cleaner removal after backing dough.
- One at a time wrap the dough strip around the shaped tinfoil. Starting at the pointed end tapering up to the wide portion of foil. Place evenly spaced on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
- While cooling prepare the Sun Dried Tomato Jalapeño Cheese Dip.
- Once cooled, carefully remove the foil mold. Then pipe in the dip into the hollow core of each carrot croissant. Garnish with a piece of parleys stem on top.