Sun Dried Tomato Summer Corn Salad
WOW!!! Your guests will want to come over to your house every day for the rest of their lives after you feed them this. Big, BIG secret: To cut the corn off the cob, lay it down flat on your cutting board. This way the kernels won't bounce all over the place and make a mess. Also, don't cut too close to the cob, which is hard to chew and has a terrible texture. Just get the corn off the cob and don't spend a dollar to save a nickel. Got it. Oh...you can also NOT cook the corn. In fact, I think it's crunchier, juicer, better AND easier to just cut it off the cob raw. Use cotija instead of feta if you prefer, but both are great. This dish is great. You're great and you're gonna be the hit of the party with this summer-aganza.
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Orange bell pepper
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded
- ½ Medium size red onion
- 4 Heads of corn
- 1 8.5 oz Jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut
- 1 - 2 Limes, Juiced
- 3 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Feta cheese
- 2 tsp Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1/2 tsp per ear of corn)
- Salt to taste for corn
- Rub the ears of corn with the olive oil and sprinkle the salt.
- On a medium-high preheated grill, cook the corn until it has some light brown color.
- Remove and cool until it's easy to handle, then cut the kernels off of the cobs.
- Remove to a large bowl.
- Peel the onion, seed the peppers and fine-medium dice all. Add to the corn.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and all of the oil inside the jar.
- Squeeze the lime over all, add the feta and cilantro and stir/mix gently.
- Top with the additional feta and cilantro.