Italian Stuffed Eggplant
- 4 medium eggplants
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey, or your favorite ground meat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (8.5-oz). package Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut, Drained
- 1 (8.5-oz) package Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Serves 1
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and scrape out the pulp.
- Salt inside of eggplant cases.
- Combine chopped onion, garlic, ground turkey, salt, pepper, and fresh basil. Saute until browned; drain excess liquid.
- Remove from heat. Add in cooked rice, Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne-cut, and Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange eggplant cases in a shallow baking dish coated with olive oil.
- Spoon in mixture and top with fresh parsley.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.