Deluxe Family Gift Pack
Third Prize Winner: "Mediterranean Chicken Roulade"
How did you feel when you found out you won the contest?
I was thrilled; this was the first recipe contest I ever entered!
How did you come up with the idea for the winning recipe?
I like to make different versions of chicken roulades. My husband brought home the Bella Sun Luci sun-dried tomato pesto with pine nuts (he just saw it on the shelf and thought it sounded like a delicious product). I immediately thought it would make a spectacular roulade.
How long have you been using Bella Sun Luci products? And what is your favorite?
Bella Sun Luci products have always been my "go to" brand for sun dried tomato products. I live an hour from a major grocery store so I always keep special occasion ingredients in my pantry and Bella Sun Luci products fit that bill. It is difficult to select a favorite; the product I use most often is the tomato and artichoke pasta sauce (on pasta and pizza). However, I love the bruschetta and the pesto I used in the recipe as well!
Where do you shop for Bella Sun Luci products?
Albertson's grocery in Rio Rancho NM.
Other hobbies, passions, pastimes?
I have recently retired from my full time career and now have my own part time consulting business. This leaves me plenty of time to cook, enjoy my family and animals as well as working around our home and land.
Any other comments you would like to add that relate to your passion for cooking?
Cooking with love and intent is my way of expressing my gratitude for always having food to serve and share. The passion for cooking is something I share with my grown son through texts and phone calls across the miles. Cooking is also a passion I share with my grown step-son and has given us something to share and make our relationship special.
Mediterranean Chicken Roulade
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Bella Sun Luci Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Sauce with Whole Pine Nuts
- 4 slices thinly sliced smoked provolone cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon fresh-grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper until about 1/4 inch and pliable. Rub both sides of chicken with olive oil reserving 1 tablespoon and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce with whole pine nuts onto each flattened breast. Layer the sliced smoked provolone and prosciutto over the pesto sauce and roll the chicken breasts tucking under the ends.
- Rub roulades with mayonnaise.
- Add 1 tablespoon reserved olive oil and Parmesan cheese to breadcrumbs.
- Roll roulades gently in bread crumb mixture and place them seam side down in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot.
- Back to 2016 Winners