Tomato Basil Breakfast Pastry
Indulge in a delightful breakfast with our Tomato Basil Breakfast Pastry. Crispy puff pastry squares topped with Black Forest Ham, gooey mozzarella cheese, and a sunny-side-up egg, all complemented by Bella Sun Luci Sauce Starter for a burst of flavor. It's a savory breakfast masterpiece that's as easy to make as it is to enjoy!
Total Cook Time: 15 minutes
Bella Product Used:
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed to room temperature
- 1 whole egg, whisked in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon of water
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 8 slices Black Forest Ham
- 6 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Sauce Starter, any flavor
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 whole egg
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Italian parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- On a floured surface, roll out each puff pastry sheet into an equal square.
- Cut each rolled-out sheet into 6 equal squares.
- Line two large sheet pans with parchment paper and place the pastry squares on them, making sure they are evenly spaced apart.
- Brush the puff pastry squares with the whisked egg wash and spread a even layer of Sauce Start in the center of the square.
- Lay one slice of Black Forest Ham on top of each sauce starter covered puff pastry square.
- Sprinkle shredded Gruyere cheese on the center of the ham slices, leaving a small space in the center for cracking the eggs into later.
- Place the prepared squares in the preheated oven and bake until the edges are just beginning to puff up, which should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the partially baked pastries from the oven. Using the back of a spoon, create a slight divot or well in the center of each pastry square.
- Carefully crack one whole egg into each divot. Season each egg with a pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste.