Greek Bacon, Feta, and Sun Dried Tomato Quiche
Light and fluffy egg mixture surrounded by jewels of tender sun dried tomatoes, bacon, and mushrooms. We love the balanced flavor of sweet and unami ingredients this quiche gives all surrounded by a flaky crust. A true holiday breakfast delight served with creamy tzatziki dip for added flare.
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Bella Product Used:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- ¾ c Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Julienne Cut Tomatoes with Italian Herbs and Olive Oil
- ¾ c sliced cremini mushrooms
- ½ c crumbled feta cheese
- ½ c shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ c tzatziki sauce, for serving
- Place the bacon slices in a single layer in a large pan. Cook over medium heat until almost crispy, about 10 minutes, turning slices as needed. Place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 9.5 inch glass pie plate.
- Unroll crust and place into pie plate.
- Strain the sun dried tomatoes and reserve the herbed olive oil for another use.
- Place sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, feta, cheddar cheese and parsley into pie crust.
- Chop cooked bacon into small pieces and add to pie crust. Stir gently and spread ingredients out evenly.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and milk. Whisk well. Add oregano, salt and pepper and stir.
- Pour eggs and milk mixture into pie crust.
- Bake quiche on lower rack of oven until crust edges are golden brown and eggs are just set, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes. Slice and serve with tzatziki sauce.