Broccoli and Sun Dried Tomato Quiche
- 1 - 9-inch pie shell
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and sliced into half moons
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 5 ounces sharp white cheddar, shredded, about 2 cups
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- ½ jar (about 4 oz) Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Italian Herbs, olive oil drained very well and reserved aside for a future dish
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Toss the broccoli in the 2 TB olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes on a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Set aside.
- While you’re doing this, sauté the onion over a high flame in the 1 tsp olive oil with a pinch of salt until translucent, add the garlic and sauté 1 more minute stirring constantly. Remove and set aside.
- Turn oven down to 375°F.
- Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, cheeses, nutmeg, cayenne, and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl until smooth.
- Pour liquid filling into pie shell then add broccoli, onion and garlic
- Bake quiche 30 minutes, gently add the sun dried tomato halves, some into the quiche and some on top, then bake another 15-20 minutes until the quiche is just set, (45 to 50 minutes total). Cool at least 20 minutes.