Deluxe Family Gift Pack
Third Prize Winner: "Bella Asada Summer Salad"
1. How did you feel when you found out you won the contest?
I was overjoyed plain and simple. I love competing and I was so glad that Mooney Farms was able to enjoy this recipe that I created.
2. How did you come up with the idea for the winning recipe?
I looked into my cultural background for inspiration into my recipe and decided to infuse Bella Sun Luci italian products for an incredible dish!
3. How long have you been using Bella Sun Luci products? And what is your favorite?
My family and I have been using Bella Luci Products since I was introduced to them thirteen years ago! My favorite product is the sun dried tomato halves in olive oil!
4. Where do you shop for Bella Sun Luci products?
I buy my Bella Sun Luci products from Costco.
5. Other hobbies, passions, pastimes?
I enjoy camping, water sports, traveling and eating good foods!
6. Any other comments you would like to add that relate to your passion for cooking?
I enjoy creating new flavors and experimenting with food, can’t wait to enter next year!
Bella Asada Summer Salad
- 1 avocado (use at the end)
- 1 Large Mango Finely Chopped
- ¼ Yellow or Red Onion
- 1 Large Jalapeño seeded and finely diced
- 1½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin
- Lime Juice From a Full Lime
- Lime Zest
- 3 Tablespoons Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Jar Bella Sun Lucci Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Chipotle Pepper Puréed
- 1½ Tablespoon Olive Oil From Bella Sun Luci Tomatoes
- 16 oz Flank Steak
- Bella Sun Luci Carne Asada Marinade
- ½ Teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ Teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Marinade the steak for 14 hours, or overnight in Bella Sun Luci Carne Asada Marinade.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a large bowl.
- Prepare the lemon vinaigrette by mixing all vinaigrette ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Grill the steak.
- Plate fresh greens, lightly drizzle with the lemon vinaigrette.
- Place sliced steak over the greens, and top with mango salsa.