Bella Asada Summer Salad
Chef Octavio created a daring flavor combination that stood out from the completion and earned him 3rd place in our 2018 recipe contest. Bold flavors from the flank steak dramatically contrasted with the sweet and bright mango salsa. Smokey and juicy the thin-grained steak is recommend to be cooked over his heat and enjoy over a bed of crisp greens garnished with mango salsa. This recipe went above and beyond with a salsa mix of tender sun dried tomatoes, crunchy red onion, and added heat from the fresh jalapeño to create a huge flavor infusion combining different flavors of the world.
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 1 avocado (use at the end)
- 1 Large mango finely chopped
- ¼ Yellow or Red Onion
- 1 Large Jalapeño seeded and finely diced
- 1½ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Teaspoon cumin
- Lime juice From a full lime
- Lime Zest
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut, chopped
- 1 Chipotle Pepper Puréed
- 1½ Tablespoon Olive Oil From Bella Sun Luci Tomatoes
- 16 oz Flank Steak
- Bella Sun Luci Carne Asada Marinade
- ½ Teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ Teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Marinade the steak for 12 hours, or overnight in Bella Sun Luci Carne Asada Marinade.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a large bowl.
- Prepare the lemon vinaigrette by mixing all vinaigrette ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Grill the steak.
- Plate fresh greens, lightly drizzle with the lemon vinaigrette.
- Place sliced steak over the greens, and top with mango salsa.