Bella’s Sun Dried Tomato Palmiers
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4 ounces Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto with Pine Nuts
- ½ cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- Flour for dusting board
- Preheat ovan to 400° F.
- Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Saute the pancetta for approximately 6-8 minutes until it is just beginning to brown. Drain off any oil, pat dry and allow to cool.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured board making sure to seal the creases where it was folded. It should be anywhere between 9" x 12" or 10" x 14", depending upon the brand of puff pastry.
- Gently spread the sun dried tomato pesto with pine nuts to the edges of the puff pastry, then sprinkle on cooked pancetta, and Gruyère cheese.
- Working from the short ends of the pastry, roll each side toward the center until they meet.
- Lay one rolled side on top of the other and gently press together.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes until cold.
- Placed chilled pastry roll on a floured cutting board and using a sharp knife, make slices ¼ inch wide and lay slices on the sheet pan at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for approximately 18 - 20 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy. Turn tray around in oven once during baking.
- Gently remove to a cooling rack and serve warm.
- *Palmiers freeze well. Wrap air tight in aluminum foil and store flat in freezer.