- Pistachio and Sun Dried Tomato Crusted Rack of Lamb with Sunny Pistou
Pistachio and Sun Dried Tomato Crusted Rack of Lamb with Sunny Pistou
- 2 Frenched Lamb racks, 1 pound each
- 1 1/2 tbsp bottled Balsamic glaze for garnish (optional buy recommended)
- Torn fresh basil for garnish (optional but recommended - about 2 tbsp torn)
- 3 tbsp olive oil from Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Julienne Cut with Italian Herbs
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- ⅔ cup roasted and salted Pistachio kernels
- ¼ cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta with Italian Herbs, Sun Dried Tomatoes, & Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup packed whole basil leaves
- ¼ cup packed whole mint leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Julienne Cut in Olive Oil with Italian Herb, do not drain
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the pistachio to a food processor. Pulse several times.
- The consistency should be slightly larger than breadcrumbs with a few even larger pieces of pistachio remaining for texture. Don't over process.
- Add pistachio crumbs to bowl and stir in the Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta and lemon juice until combined.
- Remove the lamb from marinade.
- Spread the crust over the top side of each rack of lamb.
- Transfer lamb to baking rack on sheet pan, crust side down. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Pull out of oven and flip lamb so crust is now facing up.
- Return to oven and cook for another 15 mins. Adjust cook time for desired temperature (suggest two minutes less or more after you have returned lamb to oven). Let lamb rest for a few minutes before serving.
- While the lamb is roasting, combine basil, mint, oregano, garlic, sun dried tomato, lemon juice, sea salt, and Parmesan cheese into a clean food processor.
- Drizzle in the olive oil; pulse to combine.
- To plate: Using a half spatula, smear equal parts of the pistou onto four plates.
- Slice the lamb racks in half - carefully – making sure not to disrupt the crust.
- Add half of a lamb rack onto each plate on top of Pistou.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with freshly torn basil leaves.