- Sun Dried Tomato-Basil-Rosemary-Provolone-Whole Corn Kernel Cornbread Muffins
Sun Dried Tomato-Basil-Rosemary-Provolone-Whole Corn Kernel Cornbread Muffins
Makes enough for a pan of muffins OR a loaf!
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ 8.5 oz jars Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut (With the oil)
- 1 TB baking powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1½ cup whole milk
- 1 egg-beaten
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (4 TB) fresh basil, chiffonade (slice thin), set aside
- Butter for greasing the pans
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients except the basil together. Mix with a wood spoon/by hand. Don’t overmix.
- Grease 1 muffin pan and 1 loaf pan abundantly with the butter. (You can use paper muffin cups if you prefer)
- Fill the pans with the batter.
- Bake 25-35 minutes for the muffins and 35-45 minutes (or more) for the loaf, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Let rest 10-20 minutes before turning the muffins and loaf out of their pans.