Sun Dried Tomato-Basil-Rosemary-Provolone-Whole Corn Kernel Cornbread Muffins
A perfect combination of savory and sweet, these fluffy muffins are studded with Mediterranean flavors of sun dried tomatoes, rosemary, and basil. The sharp yet mild taste provolone provides balance to the slight kick from the added paprika. A wonderful accompaniment to your next dinner or after school snack. Prepare this recipe for a muffin tin or easil prepare in a loaf pan.
Bella Product Used:
- 1 c fine cornmeal
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 8.5 oz jars Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut, with the olive oil
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1½ c whole milk
- 1 egg-beaten
- 1 c shredded provolone cheese
- 1 c corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ c (4 TB) fresh basil, chiffonade (slice thin), set aside
- Butter for greasing the pans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except the basil together. Mix with a wood spoon/by hand. Don’t overmix.
- Grease 1 muffin pan and 1 loaf pan abundantly with the butter. (You can use paper muffin cups if you prefer)
- Fill the muffin and loaf pans with the batter.
- Bake 25-35 minutes for the muffins and 35-45 minutes (or more) for the loaf, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Let rest 10-20 minutes before turning the muffins and loaf out of their pans.