Hasselback Potatoes with Chorizo, Manchego, and Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Chef Robert Bankert's savory dish is named an honorable mention for its creative take on a potato dish. The recipe brings together a combination of fresh lemon, robust sun dried tomatoes, and spicy chorizo to create a zesty potato side. Each mini potato is cut hasselback style to allow the lemon aioli to seep into the buttery smooth potato inside. A fun and unique way to serve up a great appetizer for your next get together with friends and family.
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Bella Products Used:
Potatoes and Chorizo
- 1 lb small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Arbequina Olive Oil
- 4 oz Chorizo
- 4 oz Manchego cheese, shaved
- 8.5oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz warm water
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- Parsley leaves for garnish
- Slice the chorizo in very thin rounds then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake on the bottom rack in a 300F oven until crispy, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the full jar of tomatoes and water in a blender and blend on high until puréed.Set aside.
- Slice each potato “hasselback” style, slicing 3/4 of the way down into the potato, but not all the way through. Brush with olive oil and salt.
- Place the hasselback potatoes in the air fryer at 375F for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Alternatively, bake in the oven on the top rack at 425F for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir well to combine the mayonnaise, lemon, garlic and salt and set aside.
- Roughly shop the semi-cooled chorizo into bite sized pieces.
- Spread the sun dried tomato sauce onto a plate and place the hasselback potatoes on top. Drizzle with the lemon aioli and garnish with the crispy chorizo, cheese, and parsley.