Mash Potatoes with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Bella Sun Luci olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste for roasting the sweet potatoes
- 1 Cup whole milk, scalded (heated but not boiled)
- 8 oz butter
- ½ Cup grated parmesan
- 1 8.5 oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in olive oil with Italian herbs, julienne cut
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped chives (or other fresh herbs) for garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and preheat the oven to 350.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut them into cubes, season, drizzle with olive oil and roast on a parchment lined sheet pan for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Simmer the yukon gold potatoes until soft (about 40 minutes), let cool slightly until easy to handle, then peel.
- Mash the yukons and sweet potatoes together with the milk and butter.
- Add the parmesan, sun dried tomatoes and seasonings. Mix well.
- Chop the chives and add on top as garnish.