Greek Style Chicken Stuffed Shells with a Lemony Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
"I thought of combining two of my favorite dishes together. I love greek chicken kabob and I love stuffed shells, so I thought why not! I took the flavors of the marinade for Greek chicken and the concept of stuffed shells with the addition of Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes two ways! BAM!"
-Josee Lanzi, First Place Winning Recipe in the 2021 Bella Sun Luci Annual Recipe Contest
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Bella Product Used:
- 24 large pasta shells
- 3 oz bag Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves
- 15 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- ¼ c Parmesan cheese
- ¼ c Romano cheese
- ¾ c artichoke hearts, drained and chopped into small pieces
- 1 ½ c cooked chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
- 2 c Italian style finely shredded cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 20 oz Alfredo sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- Cook shells according to the package. Place sun dried tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with 1 cup of boiling water. Let sit 5 minutes and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl add the next 10 ingredients and the zest of the lemon. Take half of the sun dried tomatoes and chopped them fine and add to the bowl with the rest of the filing. Mix well until it’s well incorporated.
- Roughly chop the remaining sun dried tomatoes and add to a small food processor. Add the juice of the lemon and process until it looks like a sauce, it will be a bit lumpy. To a medium sized bowl add the Alfredo sauce and mix in the sun dried tomatoes sauce.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Spray a large casserole with non-stick olive oil cooking spray.
- Add half of the lemony sun dried tomato Alfredo sauce at the bottom of the casserole. Fill each shell with the filling until they are well stuffed and add to the casserole dish. Take the remaining sauce and scatter it over the shells some small part of the shells will not have sauce. Place the shells in the oven and bake for 35 minutes. Let sit 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh dill and serve.