Sun Dried Tomato Chipotle Smashed Potatoes
Our effortless chipotle smashed potato can be made as a side to a hearty dinner or served as a side dish for brunch. Crispy russet potatoes seasoned with fragrant garlic and fresh rosemary. A creamy sweet and smokey sauce is topped to add a bold bite of flavor over the crispy medallions.
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Gluten Free Vegetarian
Bella Products Used:
- 2 lb red potatoes
- 4 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Estate Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, separated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 c Sun Dried Tomato Chipotle Sauce
- 1 c heavy cream For added creaminess, add 1/2 c more.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add whole potatoes, cover with at least an inch of water. Cook over medium heat until tender enough to push a fork through, approximately 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- While potatoes cook heat a medium sized skillet with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add garlic and herbs and cook until fragrant. Set combination aside in small dish.
- In a separate bowl add chipotle sauce and heavy cream and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Remove potatoes from pot and use the back of a large spoon or fork to smash down until they are approximately a 1/2 inch tall.
- Add remaining olive oil to pan over medium heat and carefully place smashed potatoes in pan.
- Salt and pepper potatoes then flip once browned. Top potatoes with garlic and herb mix and creamy chipotle spread.