Sun Dried Tomato and Wild Mushroom Risotto
Corporate Chef Richie sourced real wild mushrooms from Oregon for this Bella Sun Luci product. With chicken stock, a pinch of salt, butter, parmesan and some serious stirring to release the rice’s starchy mysteries, you will become an Italian chef. In Italian ‘riso’ is rice and ‘risotto’ is the style of preparation. Italian…style…makes sense, right?
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Gluten Free Vegetarian Vegan
Bella Products Used:
- 1 cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato risotto mix
- 1 tsp Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- *2 TB fresh yellow onion
- ½ c fresh, or ¼ cup dry wild mushrooms (porcini or other)
- 5-6 c chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1 TB butter, 1 TB grated parmesan, 1 TB shaved parmesan
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 4 flat leaf Italian parsley sprigs for garnish
- In a sauce pan, heat stock with mushrooms to boiling, then simmer 10 minutes.
- Strain and chop mushrooms, set aside, then return stock to a simmer.
- When simmering, in a separate heavy bottom sauce pan or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil on a medium high flame. If using fresh onion, add here and sauté 60 seconds. Add the risotto mix and sauté 60 seconds, add 1 cup of the broth and turn to medium. Stir constantly for 3 minutes, and add 1 ladleful (about 5 oz) hot stock every 3-5 minutes as it gets absorbed, continuing to stir often/constantly. After 18 minutes, and almost all of the stock is absorbed but the risotto still looks wet and glossy, turn off the flame, add the mushrooms and stir in, add the butter, grated parmesan and chopped parsley and stir in, then add the remaining stock so that the risotto is again wet and glossy. Turn into 4 equal size dishes and garnish with the shaved parmesan and parsley sprigs.