- Olive Pizza with California Sun Dried Tomato Pizza Sauce
Olive Pizza with California Sun Dried Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 7 oz pizza dough, rolled out very thin
- 1 ½ - 2 oz Bella Sun Luci California Style Pizza Sauce
- 1 oz fresh mozzarella (preferably the kind in water, water drained, the cheese gently squeezed of excess water)
- 3 pitted whole Kalamata olives
- 3 pitted jumbo Sicilian olives, cut into large pieces
- ¼ - ½ cup tomatoes…any mixture of (seasoned with salt to taste): Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes in olive oil with Italian herbs, julienne cut…roasted golden and red cherry tomatoes…sliced Roma tomatoes
- Several fresh basil leaves and florets, half for baking onto the pizza and half for garnish
- *The olives, when baked, have a slightly milder and ‘cleaner’ flavor and softer, more luscious texture.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450.
- Roll out your dough, place it on a very lightly flowered pan (optional: line the pan with parchment paper) and top it with the pizza sauce, leaving room on the outside rim for a crust.
- Chop the mozzarella, or break it with your hands and place it, the olives, the tomatoes and half of the basil randomly all over.
- Bake at 450 for 8-10 minutes, or until the crust is cooked and browning
- Garnish with the remaining basil.