Sun Dried Tomato and Fresh Oregano Soup
- 2/3 cup Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes julienne cut or halves in oil, oil drained and set aside, sun dried tomatoes pureed and set aside
- 1 lg garlic clove, rough chopped
- 4 oz dry white wine
- 8 oz chicken (or veggie) stock
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 1 TB fresh oregano leaves, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Over a medium flame in a large sauce pan, heat 1 TB of the sun dried tomato oil and sauté the garlic, stirring often until light golden.
- Add the salt and pepper then the wine and reduce until ½-1 oz liquid remains.
- Add the stock, the 28 oz tomatoes and sun dried tomato puree, heat to simmering, turn to low and simmer 10-15 minutes stirring often. At this point, add the oregano leaves and season to taste.
- Cool to room temperature, puree until very smooth then reheat when you’re ready to serve.
- Garnish with the oregano sprigs.