Sun Dried Tomato and Butternut Squash Soup
This is a match made in heaven. The sweetness of the squash is both complimented by the rich sweet depth of flavor of the sun dried tomatoes, but they also have a lingering acidity that balances perfectly with the squash. It’s also one of the most colorful dishes you’ll ever serve. Make sure the soup isn’t too thick, or too thin. Capeesh?
Bella Product Used:
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves
- 2 cups water, plus enough to cover the bottom of the pan, (or you can use chicken stock, or vegetable stock)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley (to garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and place cut side down in a baking dish filled with just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a pot. Sautee the garlic and onion for a few minutes, then add the white wine and cook until soft, about 5 more minutes. Add 2 cups of water (or chicken stock) and the sun dried tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Scoop out the baked squash and add it to the pot. Puree the soup with an immersion blender, adding additional water or stock until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serves 4-6
- Total time: ~1.5 hours
*This recipe was submitted by Aurora Kenney in our 2015 Recipe Contest*