Sun Dried Tomato and Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 c white wine
- 1/2 c Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves
- 2 cups water, plus enough to cover the bottom of the pan, (or you can use chicken stock, or vegetable stock)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley (to garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and place cut side down in a baking dish filled with just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a pot. Sautee the garlic and onion for a few minutes, then add the white wine and cook until soft, about 5 more minutes. Add 2 cups of water (or chicken stock) and the sun dried tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Scoop out the baked squash and add it to the pot. Puree the soup with an immersion blender, adding additional water or stock until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serves 4-6
- Total time: ~1.5 hours
*This recipe was submitted by Aurora Kenney in our 2015 Recipe Contest*print recipe