Sun Dried Tomato Egg Muffins
This is sort of a quiche without a crust. In fact, it's a delicious gluten-free alternative. Zero flour! The egg is IN the muffin. And both the sun dried tomatoes and spinach add addition flavor, color, texture and health benefits. Easy, simple and quick so please, get to it. And just in case you want to be bad at the same time, a couple of slices of bacon or pancetta would add a whole world of yummy to these muffins.
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach, finely diced
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a 12-cup, nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Next, finely dice sun dried tomatoes, spinach, basil, and yellow onion. Then spread out among the 12 cups. Add about 1 teaspoon of shredded cheese to each cup.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Then, pour egg mixture evenly on top of veggies in order to fill each cup around ¾ of the way full. Use a fork or knife to mix in order to make sure the veggies are evenly distributed within the egg.
- Season the top of each egg cup with salt and pepper, to taste, and then bake at 350ºF for around 18-22 minutes.