Savory Sun Dried Tomato Corn Muffins
Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes and corn are a fun combination! It's also fun to put fresh (or in this recipe, frozen) corn into whatever you're making too. I do this with polenta, corn chowder, cornbread and now in these corn muffins. It's also a good idea, if you're using fresh corn off the cob, to do this: after you cut the kernels off, simmer the cobs in whatever liquid you're using, in this case, buttermilk, to extract a LOT of extra flavor. These muffins are great for an outdoor barbecue, any brunch, or in place of cornbread any time.
- 2 (8.5-oz) packages corn muffin mix
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅔ cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, diced
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 2 muffins tins.
- In a large bowl stir the muffin mix, corn, garlic, and sun dried tomatoes until combined.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, and eggs until well blended.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the muffin mix. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the mix into the muffins tins, filling the cups about half way.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown on top.