Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
Ok, top secret, this recipe has, no cooking! That is, no heat. Use a blender like the recipe says, or, I prefer, a food processor. It is basically impossible to put too much olive oil, if it's the really good stuff and especially if it's our Bella Sun Luci Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, olives grown on our estate. Another secret, his recipe works GREAT with white beans instead of garbanzo beans and this spread on toast points, on ANYTHING, is a culinary tradition here in the Bella Sun Luci kitchen.
- 2-15 oz. cans chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-8.5 ounce jar Bella Sun Luci Halves or Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1½ tsp salt
- 12 to 15 grinds black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Chopped olives, for garnish
- In a blender combine first eight ingredients.
- Blend on low speed until smooth.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a few more tablespoons of olive oil to help blend.
- Spoon the hummus into a serving dish.
- Garnish with sliced olives and fresh basil leaves.
- Serve with pieces of pita bread or toasted baguette slices.