Sun Dried Tomato, Olive, and Bell Pepper Cake with Goat Cheese
This savory with a hint of sweet "torta" is a fun way to have your cake and eat it too. In fact, it's a cheesecake in a way. Either with the creamy goat cheese, or by substituting cream cheese, Its layers of Mediterranean flavors are a celebration. You may want to put some candles in it and make a wish!
- 3½ cup all-purpose flour and 1.5 tbsp for greasing/lining the pan
- 2 ½ tsp sea salt
- 1½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp whole milk
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup buter, softened and 1 tbsp not softened for greasing pan
- 1 8.5 oz Jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes, halves
- 1½ Cup black pitted olives
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 1 log aged goat cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan or other hard cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º placing the rack in the center.
- Grease and flour three 8x2 round cake pans.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer blend eggs and sugar for 30 second on low.
- Add the butter and olive oil. Then alternate adding milk and the flour mixture to the blender, until both is completely used.
- Once mixture is completely blended, pour the batter into the three pans equally filling only the bottom of each pan.
- Sprinkle each pan with ⅓ of the sun dried tomatoes, olives, bell peppers, and goat cheese.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before moving to a wire rack.