- Sun Dried Tomato, Olive, and Bell Pepper Cake with Goat Cheese
Sun Dried Tomato, Olive, and Bell Pepper Cake with Goat Cheese
- 3 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour + 1.5 Tb for greasing/lining the pan
- 2 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 Cup + 2 Tb whole milk
- 2 Tb Bella Sun Luci extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Cup buter, softened + 1 Tb not softened for greasing pan
- 1 8.5oz Jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes, halves
- 1 1/2 Cup black pitted olives
- 1 Cup roasted red bell peppers
- 1 log aged goat cheese
- 1/2 Cup grated parmesan or other hard cheese
- Serves 24
- Preheat oven to 350º placing the rack in the center.
- Grease and flour three 8x2 round cake pans.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer blend eggs and sugar for 30 second on low.
- Add the butter and olive oil. Then alternate adding milk and the flour mixture to the blender, until both is completely used.
- Once mixture is completely blended, pour the batter into the three pans equally filling only the bottom of each pan.
- Sprinkle each pan with 1/3 of the sun dried tomatoes, olives, bell peppers, and goat cheese.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before moving to a wire rack.