Sun Dried Tomato Crab Cakes
- 1 egg
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto with Whole Pine Nuts
- 2 tsp capers
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil chopped
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat (lump can also be used)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl mix all ingredients, except breadcrumbs and crab meat.
- Once mixture is blended throughly add bread crumbs and crabmeat.
- Then fold into egg mixture gently with hands or spatula trying not to break up crabmeat lumps.
- Spray baking sheet with oil.
- Form crab cakes into 6 large balls each approximately 4 oz and spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature is 155 degrees.
- Turn on Broiler and broil on high for approximately 1 minute or until tops are golden brown.
- Serves 3 people, 2 crab cakes each.