Italian Potato Pancakes
Potato Pancake Ingredients:
- 1 20 ounce package refrigerated, shredded hash browns (or 3 ½ cups of shredded cooked potatoes)
- 1/3 cup chopped Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Julienne Cut Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 1-2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1-4 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Extra salt for seasoning, optional
Goat Cheese Sun Dried Tomato Topping Ingredients:
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- ¼ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped Bella Sun Luci Premium California Sun Dried Tomatoes with Greek Oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven 250 degrees.
- In large bowl stir together the shredded potatoes, Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Julienne Cut Tomatoes with Italian Herbs, parmesan cheese, green onion, one tablespoon flour, salt and pepper.
- Stir in beaten eggs until combined. Add additional tablespoon of flour if mixture is too wet.
- Heat one tablespoon of Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop 2 tablespoons potato mixture into skillet and flatten slightly. You will be making 6-8 mini pancakes at a time.
- Cook each pancake 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, turning once.
- Cook remaining pancakes, adding additional oil to skillet if needed.
- Drain pancakes on paper towel then transfer to a large baking sheet.
- Optional to season potato pancakes on both sides with salt.
- Keep warm in preheated 250 degree oven until ready to serve.
Goat Cheese Sun Dried Tomato Topping Instructions:
- In a medium size bowl, mix goat cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Next, fold in Bella Sun Luci Premium California Sun Dried Tomatoes with Greek Oregano, parsley, and lemon zest until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Using a large platter, arrange the potato pancakes in a single layer.
- Top each potato pancake with one teaspoon of Goat Cheese Sun Dried Tomato topping.
- Serve remaining topping on the side.
- Garnish each potato pancake with a few slivers of basil.
- Serve immediately as an appetizer or side dish.