Summer Salmon Cakes with Lime Aioli
- 8 oz cleaned Salmon filet (two 4 oz pieces), deboned-skin off
- 3/4 cup corn, fresh cut off the cob if possible
- 1/2 cup zucchini, seed section removed, small dice
- 1/2 cup panko or other breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 TB chile chipotle puree/paste
- 3 TB Bella Sun Luci Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley and/or celery leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, homemade if possible
- 1 small-medium clove garlic, finely minced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Serves 5
- Beat the egg with the chile chipotle and spices, set aside.
- Season the Salmon and bake or sauté in the 1TB olive oil at 450 to golden on both sides and just cooked inside.
- Let rest on the counter to room temp, about 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, break up/flake the fish into small pieces and add all but the last three ingredients; add the egg mixture last and mix well.
- Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Hand-form into 12-16 cakes.
- In a non-stick pan over a medium/medium-high flame, gently sauté the cakes in the remaining two TB olive oil until crisp outside and hot inside.
- Combine the last 3 ingredients for the aioli.
- Serve hot with the leafy garnish and the aioli on the side.