Grilled Lamb Birria with Sun Dried Tomato Chimi Churri
- 18 ounces lamb flap meat (shoulder thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp guajillo powder
- 1 tbsp onions powder
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp chipotle puree
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut in Olive Oil & Italian Herbs
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup cilantro mince
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- ½ tbsp kosher salt
- In a large bowl combine the guajillo powder, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, kosher salt and chipotle puree. Whisk mixture to combine into a thick wet rib.
- Next place the lamb flap meat in the rub and coat evenly on all sides, let the marinated lamb sit for 1 hour before grilling.
- Cook the lamb over a hot grill that reads 350 degrees, grill on each side for 6 minutes.
- In a large blender add the the sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, cilantro, garlic and kosher salt; pulse 13 times to lightly combine all the ingredients.
- Remove the chimi churri from the blender and place into a small bowl with a serving spoon.
- Now remove the lamb from the grill and thinly slice on a bias, place the lamb in a large serving tray and generously pour the sun dried tomato chimi churri on top, serve immediately.