Deluxe Family Gift Pack
Third Prize Winner: "Grilled Lamb Birria with Sun dried Tomato Chimi Churri"
1. How did you feel when you found out you won the contest?
Trustfully a bit in shock, I was not expecting to receive such great news. But I will say this my day was a lot smoother and cheerful once I found out.
2. How did you come up with the idea for the winning recipe?
I been experimenting with dry rubs and I love chimichurri sauce so it was only natural that they both will end up together. Enter Bella sun luci sun dried tomatoes in the olive and it was a perfect match of flavor.
3. How long have you been using Bella Sun Luci products? And what is your favorite?
I been using Bella Sun Luci products for a while now mainly at home because of their versatility and ease of use, I find myself often adding sun dried tomatoes to everything I make.
4. Where do you shop for Bella Sun Luci products?
I hate to say it but I am a big online shopper, my favorite place to room the isle is online plus it is also a wider selection.
5. Other hobbies, passions, pastimes?
I been getting more and more into amateur astronomy, learning more and more of our universe and the contents within it.
Grilled Lamb Birria with Sun Dried Tomato Chimi Churri
- 18 ounces lamb flap meat (shoulder thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp guajillo powder
- 1 tbsp onions powder
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp chipotle puree
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut in Olive Oil & Italian Herbs
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup cilantro mince
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- ½ tbsp kosher salt
- In a large bowl combine the guajillo powder, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, kosher salt and chipotle puree. Whisk mixture to combine into a thick wet rib.
- Next place the lamb flap meat in the rub and coat evenly on all sides, let the marinated lamb sit for 1 hour before grilling.
- Cook the lamb over a hot grill that reads 350 degrees, grill on each side for 6 minutes.
- In a large blender add the the sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, cilantro, garlic and kosher salt; pulse 13 times to lightly combine all the ingredients.
- Remove the chimi churri from the blender and place into a small bowl with a serving spoon.
- Now remove the lamb from the grill and thinly slice on a bias, place the lamb in a large serving tray and generously pour the sun dried tomato chimi churri on top, serve immediately.