Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Gorgonzola, Bacon, Sun Dried Tomato & Artichoke
For the filling:
- 1 pound bacon, baked in one layer on parchment lined baking sheets to crispy, fat drained off/set aside then cooled to room temperature and rough chopped.
- 1 ½ cups artichoke hearts in water, drained well.
- 1 ½ cups Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut in oil, oil drained then set aside
- 2 cups gorgonzola crumbles
*Pulse-chop (don’t actually purée) in the food processor, then add:
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 twists of the peppermill
- Mix all of this together in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Stuff the pork tenderloins down the center with equal and abundant amounts of the filling. You will have some filling left over to use for another dish, another day.
- Roll the tenderloins tightly closed.
- Place on parchment lined, heavy duty baking sheets, seam side down (where you closed together the two flaps of the pork).
- Drizzle each tenderloin with 1 TB Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Turn the oven to 375 and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove, let sit 15-20 minutes, slice thick pieces and serve (see below) or hold to reheat.