Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Gorgonzola, Bacon, Sun Dried Tomato & Artichoke
Gourmet made simple! Be prepared to wow your guests with the presentation and tastes of this amazing dish. There is no doubt why this recipe was a finalist in our annual Bella Sun Luci recipe contest many years ago. The tenderest leanest pork is the tenderloin, and it partners well with so many ingredients! I love how this dish incorporates in the infused olive oil from the sun dried tomato jar to finish off the rolled pork prior to the oven. Enjoy this dish alongside polenta, and spring greens topped with pine nuts and shaved parmesan.
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 1 pound bacon, baked in one layer on parchment lined baking sheets to crispy texture, drain and remove fat, then cool to room temperature and rough chop.
- 2 - 2 lb pork tenderloins
- 1½ cups artichoke hearts in water, drained well
- 1½ cups Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut in oil, oil drained then set aside
- 2 cups gorgonzola crumbles
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 twists of the pepper-mill, or about ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Julienne cut (reserve the olive oil), chopped bacon, gorgonzola crumbles, artichoke hearts, and pulse until well combined.
- Slice open the pork tenderloins and then stuff the pork tenderloins down the center with equal and abundant amounts of the filling.
- Roll the tenderloins tightly closed.
- Whisk the eggs in a plate that will accommodate the size of the tenderloins. Coat the pork tenderloins in flour, then roll in beaten eggs, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place on parchment lined, heavy duty baking sheets, seam side down (where you closed together the two flaps of the pork).
- Drizzle each tenderloin with 1 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or olive oil from the sun dried tomato jar.
- Turn the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove, let sit 15-20 minutes, slice thick pieces and serve or hold to reheat.