Sun Dried Tomato Brussels Sprouts
These little sprouts, really they're little cabbages, are always great with bacon, or in this case, pancetta, Italy's unsmoked version of the pork belly. We love the addition of fennel to any brussels sprouts recipe, including this one. You can use fresh fennel or the seeds, whole or ground. This is a super simple, super easy, super delizioso side dish for your favorite main courses. It also goes nicely tossed with your favorite pasta or noodles. Buon appetito!
- 14 c (2 oz) Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ c yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup pancetta, diced
- 1 TB (3-4 cloves) garlic, minced
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, rough chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 jar (8.5) oz Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut
- Oil drained and reserved aside for another application
- Heat the oil over a high flame.
- Sauté the onion until lightly translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Sauté the pancetta until slightly crispy, about 2 minutes.
- Sauté the garlic for 10 seconds.
- Turn the flame to medium and sauté the Brussels sprouts until just soft (al dente), 2-3 minutes.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and sauté for one minute, until just hot.