Chicken, Avocado, and Spinach Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Dressing
This is a fresh, light, creative, delicious salad. A great way to use leftover chicken, or of course go ahead and cook the chicken fresh, it's another CalItaliano green-whire-red, like the Italian flag, dish in our repertoire.
- 1 tbsp plus ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1.5 lbs.)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, mined
- ½ cup oil-packed Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- 12 oz. baby spinach
- 2 large ripe avocados, thinly sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with ½ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon. of the pepper; place in skillet and cook, turning once, until juices run clear, approximately 12 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and cut into thin strips; place strips in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining salt and pepper, the garlic and the vinegar, slowly whisk in remaining olive oil.
- Stir in shallot, tomatoes and basil. Spoon ¼ cup of the dressing over chicken and toss to coat.
- Toss spinach with remaining dressing and divide among 4 serving plates; top with chicken strips and avocado slices.