- Spinach, Ricotta, and Tomato Artichoke Lasagna
Spinach, Ricotta, and Tomato Artichoke Lasagna
- 1 box lasagna noodles, (8 ounces), cooked according to directions on package
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Bella Sun Luci Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, and drained
- 1 25oz jar Bella Sun Luci Tomato Artichoke Pasta Sauce
- 1 lb. ricotta
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dry Italian seasoning blend
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Serves 1
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Fill a large pan with water, add salt and bring to boil.
- In a medium bowl blend ricotta with the drained spinach and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- sauté the onion in the olive oil until it is tender for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, and pepper and continue to sauté until the garlic is golden, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta noodles. Line the bottom of a 8x8x2 baking dish with one layer of lasagna noodles.
- Spoon ricotta-spinach mixture on top of noodles spreading to make an even layer. Pour 1/4-1/2 cup of the pasta sauce to cover and gently spread.
- Repeat layers of pasta, ricotta mixture, and sauce until pan is filled. Top with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Slice into individual servings and garnish each plate with fresh basil leaves if desired.