Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Spinach and sun dried tomatoes are a natural one-two punch, making this delicious creamy version of stuffed chicken breasts knock you off your feet. Feel free to use fresh spinach that you cook, squeeze and chop instead of frozen. Be the chef (French for boss) of your kitchen!
Ingredients for stuffed chicken:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt for chicken, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt for filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 10 ounce block of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Ingredients for Cream Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup of Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil with Italian Herbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover chicken breasts with plastic wrap and beat with a mallet or rolling pin to flatten.
- Discard plastic wrap. Drizzle chicken with Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Coat chicken with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt.
- Cut a pocket into each of the chicken breasts and set aside to make the filling.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, spinach, red pepper flakes, and sea salt stirring well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the pockets in the chicken breast.
- Melt butter in an oven proof skillet on the stove top at medium high heat.
- Cook the garlic and red pepper flakes in the melted butter until fragrant (about 2 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Stir in the chicken broth, heavy cream, Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil with Italian Herbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and thicken sauce (about 5 minutes).
- Place stuffed chicken breasts into the skillet, nettled in the sauce, and place oven safe skillet into the oven.
- Cook in preheated oven until internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees (about 25-30 minutes).
- Serve with a side of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato & Wild Mushroom Risotto prepared according to directions on package.