Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Juicy chicken stuffed with tender sun dried tomatoes, creamy cheeses, and rich flavored spinach create a mouthwatering meal for your family to enjoy. The recipe includes minimal preparation considering how wonderful the end results are for this dish. For this recipe we recommend selecting a baby spinach leaf for its slightly sweeter flavor and will not mask the other ingredients. A simple main to be served alongside an authentic risotto or fresh pasta.
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt for chicken, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt for filling
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 10 oz block of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- ½ tsp of red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 c chicken broth
- ½ c heavy cream
- ⅓ c of Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- ¼ c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover chicken breasts with plastic wrap and beat with a mallet or rolling pin to flatten.
- Discard plastic wrap. Drizzle chicken with olive oil.
- Coat chicken with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt.
- Cut a pocket into each of the chicken breasts and set aside to make the filling.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, spinach, red pepper flakes, and sea salt stirring well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the pockets in the chicken breast.
- Melt butter in an oven proof skillet on the stove top at medium high heat.
- Cook the garlic and red pepper flakes in the melted butter until fragrant (about 2 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Stir in the chicken broth, heavy cream, Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil with Italian Herbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and thicken sauce (about 5 minutes).
- Place stuffed chicken breasts into the skillet, nettled in the sauce, and place oven safe skillet into the oven.
- Cook in preheated oven until internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees (about 25-30 minutes).
- Serve with a side of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato & Wild Mushroom Risotto prepared according to directions on package.