$500 Second Place Winner
Second Prize Winner: "Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce"
1.How did you feel when you found out you won the contest?
I felt elated and validated. I love to cook, but winning this made me feel like I am good at it too.
2. How did you come up with the idea for the winning recipe?
I knew I wanted to use sun dried tomatoes in the recipe so I just thought of other flavors that meshed well.
3. How long have you been using Bella Sun Luci products? And what is your favorite?
I have only been using Bella Sun Luci products for about a year. My favorite is the Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Herbs.
4. Where do you shop for Bella Sun Luci products?
5. Other hobbies, passions, pastimes?
I enjoy spending time with my children. I also enjoy taking nature walks to look at plants and flowers.
6. Any other comments you would like to add that relate to your passion for cooking?
I love cooking for my friends and family. If I cook for you then you know I care.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Ingredients for stuffed chicken:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt for chicken, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt for filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 10 ounce block of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Ingredients for Cream Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup of Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil with Italian Herbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover chicken breasts with plastic wrap and beat with a mallet or rolling pin to flatten.
- Discard plastic wrap. Drizzle chicken with Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Coat chicken with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt.
- Cut a pocket into each of the chicken breasts and set aside to make the filling.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, spinach, red pepper flakes, and sea salt stirring well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the pockets in the chicken breast.
- Melt butter in an oven proof skillet on the stove top at medium high heat.
- Cook the garlic and red pepper flakes in the melted butter until fragrant (about 2 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Stir in the chicken broth, heavy cream, Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil with Italian Herbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and thicken sauce (about 5 minutes).
- Place stuffed chicken breasts into the skillet, nettled in the sauce, and place oven safe skillet into the oven.
- Cook in preheated oven until internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees (about 25-30 minutes).
- Serve with a side of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato & Wild Mushroom Risotto prepared according to directions on package.