- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Scallions and Lime Butter
Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Scallions and Lime Butter
- 1 sm-med 1 - 1 1/2 pound spaghetti squash
- 1 - 1 1/2 oz Bella Sun Luci extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 - 1 cup Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes julienne, in olive oil or ready to eat
- 4-6 large whole scallions (green onions)
- 2-3 limes
- 4-6 oz butter, preferably unsalted
- 1/2-3/4 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Serves 5
- Pre-heat the oven to 375.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto a pan, season the squash and place face down onto the pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, turn to 350 degrees and bake 15 more minutes. Turn the squash halves over and bake 15-30 more minutes or until very soft.
- While the squash is baking, wash/clean the scallions. Slice thinly on the bias (diagonal). Set aside.
- Zest the limes. Set the zest aside. Juice the limes. Set the juice aside.
- In a saucepan over a medium-high flame, heat the butter until golden brown/bubbly. Turn to medium and add the lime juice, zest, seasonings, 3/4 of the sun dried tomatoes and 3/4 of the scallions.
- When the squash is ready, cover each half with the butter mixture and bake 5-10 more minutes.
- Scoop portions out of the skin, keeping the topping on top. Finish with the remaining 1/4 of the sun dried tomatoes and scallions