Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pizza Wreath
A shining star for your dinner table this holiday season. A flavorful sun dried tomato pesto wrapped up with walnut pieces, blue cheese crumbles, and fresh thyme leaves make up this delicious bread wreath. This recipe creates a jolly side dish or snack to be served warm alongside a creamy dip or simply alone.
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Bella Product Used:
- 15 oz puff pastry
- 1 8.5oz Sun Dried Tomato Pesto with Pine Nuts
- 1 c blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ c walnuts, rough chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- ⅓ c whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and move the rack to the center of the oven.
- Working on a clean surface, thinly roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread the sun dried tomato pesto in an even layer over the dough. Make sure to leave rough 1/2 inch border of uncovered dough. Sprinkle the blue cheese, chopped walnuts, and thyme leaves over the layer of pesto.
- Beginning at the short end of the dough roll up contents into the puff pastry. Be sure to keep the dough taunt as you are rolling. Pinch the end into the finished roll this will keep the roll from unraveling.
- Using a sharp knife cut the roll lengthwise leaving two inches uncut at the top end. Gently twist the two long dough pieces together keeping the cut side up to reveal the patterned pesto mixture.
- Sprinkle the pan with a light dusting of cornmeal then place the dough twist in a circle shape to resemble a wreath. Brush the outside of the dough with milk.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with fresh thyme and enjoy warm.