Bacon, Pimento and Sun Dried Tomato Stack
A complete stack up of creamy and robust flavors topped on toasted ciabatta bread. Notes of fresh garlic, robust sun dried tomato halves, and crispy bacon paired beautifully with the pimento peppers. The fabulous appetizer makes for a memorable appetizer for any occasion. It can be served with warm or chilled pimento spread depending on the season. This is a truly a honorable mention recipe. The test kitchen admired the detail and the use of our zesty sun dried tomatoes!
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, thin sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil reserved from Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato jar
- 2-3 large garlic cloves
- 6 slices bacon, thick cut
- 6 oz artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 oz Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 oz green chilies or jalapeño peppers, diced
- 1 3 oz bag Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes with Zesty Peppers
- 1/2 c mayonaise
- 4 oz jar pimentos peppers, well drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 8.5 oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves in Olive Oil with Italian Herbs, halved and reserve oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On parchment lined baking trays, spread out the slices of ciabatta. Brush or drizzle with olive oil, bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp then rub each slice with a garlic clove. Set aside.
- Cut the bacon into 2-inch wide pieces and cook on the stovetop or in the oven until crispy. Drain the bacon pieces from the grease and set pieces aside.
- Combine chopped artichokes, Swiss cheese, chilies, zesty sun dried tomatoes, mayonnaise and pinto peppers in bowl and beat with a hand mixer or hand mix with a spoon. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut or break the toasts into same-width pieces, about 2 inches.
- Spread each piece with pimento spread, stack on the arugula, bacon and top with a sun dried tomato halve.