Bacon, Pimento and Sun Dried Tomato Stack
Each honorable mention recipe from our annual contest receives a deluxe gift box of our products to enjoy and also to develop a new recipe to submit to the next contest. This is one of those honorable entries, which I knew would rock the second I saw it was bacon on garlic toast. For some reason, sun dried tomatoes pair well with bacon. Wink. And garlic toast. And southwest pimento cheese dip. Wink-wink. By the way, there's another southwest cheese dip recipe on the back of the bag of our Zesty Sun Dried Tomato Julienne Snacks so now you have options. This is a fabulous appetizer for any occasion. Make sure to enter your own dish today!
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, sliced thin (some bakeries will do this for you)
- 3 Tablespoons Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 large garlic cloves
- 6 slices bacon, thick cut, or 12 slices thin cut
- ½ recipe of Southwest Sun Dried Tomato Dip, with a 4 oz jar pimentos added to make it a pimento spread (The recipe is on the back of the bag of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes with Zesty Peppers Julienne-Cut, or, use 12+ ounces pimento cheese spread)
- 1 cup arugala
- 1 8.5 oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves in Olive Oil with Italian Herbs, oil drained and mixed into the 3 TB of olive oil above
- Salt and pepper to taste (you won’t need much, or any, salt)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- On baking trays (parchment lined is recommended), spread out the slices of ciabatta. Brush or drizzle with olive oil, bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp then rub each slice with a garlic clove. Set aside.
- While the bread is baking, cut the bacon into 2-inch wide pieces and cook (on the stovetop or in the oven) until crispy. Remove the bacon grease (save for another day) and set the bacon aside.
- Cut or break the toasts into same-width pieces, about 2 inches.
- Spread each piece with pimento spread, add a pinch of arugala, add a piece or 2 of bacon and top with a sun dried tomato half (you can cut the halves in half or into slices, to stretch your quantity).