Grand Prize Winner of $2500
First Prize Winner: "Shrimp and 'Zoodle' Pappardelle with Bella Cream Sauce and Tomato Breadcrumbs"
How did you feel when you found out you won the contest?
I was so thrilled and honored to find out that I had won the contest. Bella Sun Luci even called me to deliver the news. I was mostly trying not to scream too loudly into the phone.
How did you come up with the idea for the winning recipe?
I love zucchini noodles as a healthy alternative to pasta, but I wanted to come up with an easy way for people to make them without an expensive gadget. The vegetable peeler was my answer! I knew that sweet, tangy Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes would shine with the zucchini, shrimp, and a fast lemon cream sauce. I always love a crunchy topping, so I created one full of sun dried tomatoes as well.
How long have you been using Bella Sun Luci products? And what is your favorite?
I have been using Bella Sun Luci products for about 4 or 5 years now. My favorites are the sun dried tomatoes with Italian herbs in olive oil (for cooking) and the BBQ flavored tomato snacks (for all the other times). They are my new obsession for guilt-free snacking.
Where do you shop for Bella Sun Luci products?
I shop at Wegmans, which I am very lucky to have nearby. It is a fantastic store!
Other hobbies, passions, pastimes?
I am a busy mom of 3, so that keeps me on my toes. I also love baking, reading, art, shopping, and hanging out with my bulldog, Duncan.
Any other comments you would like to add that relate to your passion for cooking?
Cooking is an outlet for creativity, and my way of showing love for family and friends. There is nothing better than feeding people and watching them truly enjoy something you have made.
Shrimp and “Zoodle” Pappardelle with Bella Cream Sauce and Tomato Breadcrumbs
For the breadcrumbs:
- 1/3-Cup plain panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1/8-teaspoon salt
- 1-tablespoon butter, melted
For the zucchini pappardelle and shrimp:
- 10 ounces large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 small (or 2 large) zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Herbs, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely minced
To make the breadcrumbs:
- In a food processor, combine panko, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, salt, and process until mixture resembles coarse sand (20-30 seconds).
- Add melted butter and pulse briefly to coat crumbs.
- In a large, dry sauté pan over medium heat, toast breadcrumb mixture for 5-6 minutes until golden and crispy, stirring often.
- Remove from pan.
- Set-aside until ready to serve.
To Make Zucchini Pappardelle and Shimp:
- Season shrimp with 1/4-teaspoon salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high with 1-tablespoon olive oil, sear shrimp on both sides for 1-2 minutes or until just opaque.
- Add garlic to pan. Sauté for 1 additional minute.
- Remove cooked shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Using a flat vegetable peeler, slice long, wide Pappardelle-shaped "zoodles" from each zucchini, discarding the center when the seeds are visible in the noodles.
- Heat large sauté pan with remaining olive oil.
- Sauté zucchini Pappardelle for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, tossing to combine.
To create the sauce:
- Add cream cheese, lemon juice, and 1/4-teaspoon salt.
- Gently toss until cheese melts into a sauce.
- Stir in reserved shrimp and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until just heated through.
- Divide between 2 large bowls, garnish with parsley, and sprinkle with crispy breadcrumbs.
- Makes 2 large portions.