Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 1 loaf sourdough baguette, sliced
- 8 jumbo prawns
- 8 jumbo sea scallops
- 12 black mussels
- 12 littleneck or other clams
- 4 – 2 ounce portions of fish filet (halibut, or salmon recommended)
- *Optional: a few extra clams and mussels in case some don’t open
- 6 TB (3 oz) Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for brushing the slices of bread
- 2 TB (1 oz) Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil for sautéing
- 1 small-medium yellow onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dry basil (and optional, ½ tsp saffron, add when adding basil)
- 1 c dry white wine or white vermouth (a chef’s trick, for richness)
- 1 c fish or chicken stock
- 1 12 oz can diced tomatoes, drained, liquid reserved aside for another use
- 4 oz (about half jar) Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 TB fresh flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped fine
- Several sprigs Italian parsley for garnish
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Brush the slices of bread with the 3 oz olive oil and bake in one later on a sheet pan or two until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In a separate sauce pan, over a high flame, reduce the wine by half (yield 4 oz), add the stock and diced tomatoes, bring to a boil and turn to a simmer.
- In a heavy bottom soup pot or Dutch oven, sauté the onion in the 1 oz olive oil until translucent then add the garlic and dry basil, sauté 1 minute, add the simmering liquid, bring to a boil then add all of the seafood. Return to a boil, turn to a strong simmer/light boil and cook until all of the shellfish open, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the bruschetta last. Check seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Portion equal amounts of each kind of seafood and the broth into bowls and arrange the toasts in the bowls. Garnish with the parsley sprigs.
- Serve with extra toasts and olive oil on the side.