Sun Dried Tomato and Shrimp Pasta with Artichokes & Mushrooms - Winning Recipe 2012!
Here is our recipe contest winner from 2012. This recipe will give you an idea of how to compose YOUR recipe for our annual contest! This is a fabulous dish on many levels. It's so Italian. It's simple but has many layers of flavors. It's sort of a surf and turf, the turf being the mushrooms and artichokes. With that said, feel free to add a steak! It has that kick of spicy chile flakes "to taste" so if you like it really spicy like I do, go for it! And the addition of sun dried tomatoes to this dish is kind of not an addition, but an inclusion. The sun dried tomatoes' texture and flavor blend naturally into the mediterranean culinary paradigm found here. In other words, the sun dried tomatoes make this dish explode with flavor and even add a nice splash of color. In OTHER words, this recipe is a WINNER. Let's get cookin'!
- ¾ cup Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb. shrimp (medium to large)
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- Pinch crushed red pepper, or to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Serves 4
- Coat large deep sauté pan with olive oil and heat on medium. Add garlic and chopped shallots and sauté until tender (approx 5 minutes).
- Bring water to a boil. Cook pasta according to directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water for later.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, shrimp, mushrooms, and butter to garlic/shallot mixture.
- Combine and cook until shrimp turn opaque approximately 5 minutes.
- Add wine or chicken broth and reduce to simmer. There should be enough liquid to generously coat pasta.
- Add pinch of crushed red pepper to taste.
- Add ½ cup reserved pasta water to shrimp mixture and stir.
- Add drained pasta to shrimp mixture and combine well.
- Plate and top with grated cheese to serve.