Mediterranean Salmon Pasta
In place of the corn starch, stir in the feta at the end, and sprinkle a little on top too, at the very end. This will help make a thick-ish sauce, you may need a touch of extra chicken stock, and make the dish light, healthy and clean...in terms of flavor, texture and a creamy texture. Then you'll have something delicious you can be proud of.
- 2 c uncooked multigrain or whole wheat Penne pasta (16 oz.)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 c fresh broccoli florets
- 1 lb salmon cut into pieces
- 1 - 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 1 c Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut with Zesty Peppers
- ¼ c chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ c crumbled Feta cheese
- Cook pasta without salt as directed on package, adding broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in 12 inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil. Add salmon, sauté 4 minutes, stirring frequently until salmon is tender.
- Remove from skillet.
- Increase heat to medium-high, in same skillet, cook and stir mushrooms and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Stir in sun dried tomatoes with zesty peppers, onions and basil.
- Cook and stir 1 minute longer. In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, mix cornstarch and broth until smooth.
- Add to vegetable mixture in skillet.
- Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in pasta mixture and salmon. Cook and stir until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.